A start to finish guide to setup an automatic system that creates and distributes customized certificates, digital cards, and more.
What you need to get started
Item 1: An Organization on Merit. If you haven't already, create an account for your organization on Merit by filling out the Create an Org Form here, or by logging in to your profile and navigating to the form from there.
- Create an Org Form Link ( for those that don't already have a Merit Profile)
- For those that already have a Merit profile, access the Create an Org form in your Profile Menu in the top right corner (see image below)
Item 2: A Merit Template. Make sure to have a merit template that you would like to attach the digital certificate or card to.
- Your merit template should have a Merit Field for each piece of information that you'd like on your digital certificate or card.
- Common examples are: Issue Date, Location, Instructor or Presented by, Expiration Date.
Item 3: A blank certificate or card file that you'd like to use as your template.
- jpg or png format necessary
- Feel free to use any of the attached examples below.
Item 4: The right access. Credential Creator is only usable to those that have full Admin permissions for their organization on Merit.
- If you do not have full Admin permissions, please contact your Organization to request the "Can Manage" permission.
- Those with appropriate permissions will be able to see a full menu in their Admin Dashboard.
Step 2: Confirm permissions by clicking the Confirm button.
Step 3: Click on Add a Credential.
Step 4: Enter Select the merit template you'd like to use as a basis for this certificate, and click Next at the bottom of the screen.
Step 5: Choose whether your credential will have one side (basic certificates) or two sides (two-sided membership cards).
Step 6: Upload your certificate or card template and click Next at the bottom of the screen.
Step 7: Add merit fields from the list by dragging and drop it on your certificate or card. Be sure to stretch the size of each text box to accommodate long names or other pieces of information you'll be using.
Step 8: Click Save to save your certificate or card and return later, or click Save & Publish to Save, create, and attach a certificate or card to each merit recipient. Do not click Save & Publish until you're completely finished designing and happy with your digital credential you've created.
Congratulations! Once you've clicked Save & Publish, all of your past, present, and future merit recipients will have an updated certificate attached to their merits.