- What are check-in merits?
- Default check-in merits
- Customizing check-in merits
- Disabling check-in merits
- Mapping a new merit template as the check-in merit
What are check-in merits?
They are merits that each event participant will receive that mark the day and time when they check in and, if they check out, when they check out.
Default check-in merits
The default name format of check-in merits is "[Organization name] - Check-in". Once you link your organization to Check-in with Merits, Merit will automatically create a check-in merit template for you. You can find it in the Organization Portal by navigating to Merit Templates > Edit Templates and clicking on the Edit button for this merit template.
It will include the following fields:
- Activity name
- Check-in time
- Check-out time
- Short merit description
- Merit cover photo
- Merit Category
- Additional fields
Here's an example of what an issued check-in merit would look like in someone's Merit profile:
Customizing check-in merits
Check-in merits can be configured for each individual activity when editing it, in the Customize activity section.
Disabling check-in merits
If you would prefer that event participants not be automatically issued check-in merits, turn the slider for that setting off.
Mapping a new merit template as the check-in merit
If you would like to use another existing merit template as an activity's check-in merit, you can select it in the drop-down menu.
Once you have selected the appropriate merit template, click Publish.
The merit template will be edited, to include the additional fields of "Activity Name", "Check-in Time", "Check-out Time", and "Duration".
Some restrictions on choosing a merit template to use as a check-in merit:
- It must have fewer than 32 fields, as choosing it as an activity's check-in merit will add 4 new fields to it. There is currently a limit of 35 fields for a merit template.
- The merit template must not have the option "Recipients can only have one merit from this merit template" selected.
- The merit template cannot have any required fields.