Since 2016, Merit has enabled thousands of organizations to issue merits to people. These merits span all kinds of achievements: awards, certifications, completed courses or classes, professional licenses, memberships, and even employment.
Merit is now in a position where we are able to add more value to people’s Merit experience by surfacing relevant opportunities from organizations such as yours. Check out this post to find out more about our new feature, Merit Opportunities. Read on to learn how your organization can start creating and publishing them on Merit’s App.
How Merit Opportunities Works for Organizations
Creating an opportunity is simple. Learn the steps to get your opportunities posted below.
1. Submit – To submit an opportunity, organizations can work with a Merit Account Manager to select a category, define the target audience, and create their opportunity details. If necessary, we can help craft compelling, actionable copy to share with the specified target audience.
An opportunity must contain the following information:
- Name: The headline that appears on the opportunity card (60 character limit)
- Description: The body of text below the name that describes the opportunity in more detail. (1,000 character limit)
- Category: Every opportunity must be assigned one of the six categories below:
- Education & Training
- Action Link: The URL individuals land on when they click on the “Visit” button on your opportunity. Clicking this button will open the URL in the user’s browser.
- Target Audience: Each opportunity is meant for a specific set of Merit members. Each opportunity can only target 1 merit, but we can help you create duplicate opportunities to target multiple merits or audiences. Targeting is used to serve the opportunity to those people and is what qualifies a person for the opportunity. Targeting consists of:
- One merit template
- Merit status (active, inactive, or either)
2. Publish – Before Merit puts a new opportunity in front of a person, it must be clear why it is relevant and beneficial. After the opportunity and its details are reviewed, Merit will publish opportunities to share with the specified target audiences.
3. Engage – When someone meets the target criteria, Merit will deliver the opportunity to them immediately in the new ‘Opportunities’ section of their Merit App. The new section displays a feed of all live opportunities a person qualifies for and is where they will be able to view and engage with organization opportunity posts.
If Opportunities interests you and your organization, make sure you are signed up as an organization on Merit to begin sharing your opportunities in the Merit App. Complete the “Let’s Get Started” form at Merits.com/Opportunities or email firstname.lastname@example.org to be introduced to an Account Manager.